Friday, August 1, 2008

How to Detect a Scam

I am sure that some of you have been a victim of Internet Scam. How do you detect a scam? I can tell you from my personal experience how to detect a scam and what needs to be done about it. Internet scams comes in variety of ways. If you type in the keywords for "work at home, surveys, mystery shoppers, online business, and processing credit cards", you will see a dozen of website that literally beg for your undivided attention. Their website looks as though it is so easy to make money. They have testimonials of people making big bucks. They say you can make $500 to $1000 per day part time. It says that you can start in 10 minutes after purchasing their service. What service you may ask after purchasing their service. The only thing you see is a bunch of websites that say that you can make money being a mystery shopper, filing out surveys, and processing credit cards.

Most of the scam sights are not secured. It does not have a padlock or https. Therefore, anyone can see your personal information. Needless to say, they ask everything about you: What is your income, your age, address, and telephone number. Little did I know that I would get junk mails and phone calls from telemarketers wanting to allure you to their business. What surprised me is that they sell your information to third parties. I was charged for some website service on my Verizon telephone bill.

Please be careful of websites with an ending of .org. It's supposed to be a non profit organization but some deceitful people use it to fool consumer thinking that their content can be trusted. Surveys and processing credit cards are scams. If you have to pay $1.97 for a trial period and be charged $37.95 monthly thereafter, please don't do it. Most likely, they will add charges you don't recognize and give you a hard time with refunds. I ended up putting a dispute with my credit card and bank account. I had a terrible experience with work at home companies found by googling the keyword: "best work at home opportunity, how to make money part time". If you have trouble with refunds, you can file a complain with the better business bureau or the FBI.

They say when it rains it always shine. Here is the good news. I found a genuine, remarkable, authentic, Internet marketing course that takes you by the hand and teaches you what you should not do and what you should do. This service is incredible because it reveals the secret of being successful. I can't believe that Mike Andrews is giving away such valuable information that most gurus would keep to themselves. He has tons of tutorials, videos, resources, and great tools provided to members. I have never seen such a wonderful sight for learning how to start your own business. He has pre-made websites with your own id for you to promote. I get very excited when I talk about the materials he offers. What's more amazing is that you can try out the course for 80 days with an unconditional money back guarantee for only $87.00. This is a bargain. This is nothing compared to what you have to pay for a one day seminar which is around $150.00. Just by learning his tutorial, I learned how to get traffic to my website in different forms. You have everything to gain and nothing to loose. For more information, please visit my blog at:

http://howtodetectscam.blogspot.com/

I enjoy teaching and writing articles that provide helpful information for family and children. Please visit my blog at http://howtodetectscam.blogspot.com/

No comments: